The Perfect Way to End a Series
Step 1: Get Somebody Pregnant
Pregnancy = Closure. There’s no question that pregnancy can’t answer:
- Did X and Y ever get together?
- Did X and Y ever patch up their stormy relationship?
- Did Y die without an heir?
- Who’s the father?
- What’s pregnancy + 0?
Step 2: Show Every Character (but make us think you’ll forget someone)
3 minutes left…no Sesshomaru…2 minutes…no Sesshomaru…1 minute…no Sesshomaru…30 seconds…Fuck you Rumiko Takahashi, Fuck y—YES! SESSHOMARU!*
*I’m just making this shit up. Somebody check if this actually happened.
Step 3: Change the Ending Theme
Any of the following may be used as the final episode’s ending theme (ranked in order of preference):
- Past opening/ending theme
- Current opening theme (if skipped at the beginning of the episode)
- Full ending theme/Different verse of the same ending theme
- Completely new song
The Texhnolyze Exception: Kill Everybody
No sudden mass death/natural cause bullshit. Everybody gets his/her own unique gruesome death.