Describing Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger without using the word “Perfect”

• Berserk + a real ending
  • Claymore – Raki
  • Mouryou no Hako + subtitles
  • Soul Eater – everyone except Stein and Medusa
  • Kibure + an appearance in episode 14
  • Miniami-ke – all the non-Hosaka scenes
  • Gankutsuou – the ambiguously gay ending
  • Higurashi – the noise complaint I got for blasting the intro theme at 4AM
  • Maddox + updates
  • The New York Giants – Eli Manning
  • Baka-Raptor + artistic talent
  • Maria-Holic – everything but the cosplay song + Kanako being a real lesbian
  • Kure-nai – all the stupid bullshit
  • Italian Village Pizza (Squirrel Hill branch)
  • Mnemosyne episode 1
  • Ippatsu Kikimusume + decent animation – that horrendous intro song
  • Perfect

Shit, I couldn’t do it.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. NegativeZero says:

Hajime no Ippo + Second Season

:P

2. Hyunk says:

The only thing I dislike about this show is the music. Hajime no Ippo (2000-2002) was better on that point.

So it ain’t perfect!

3. adachifag says:

> Berserk + a real ending
    Not so sure about that. The manga has like a hundred volumes now and it doesn’t seem like it’d be ending anytime soon.

4. Pode says:

Hajime no Ippo + Second Season – Guitar riffs

5. DigitalBoy says:

So it’s like Eureka Seven – epidoe 18? It’s like CC’s ass – the rest of her body? It’s like Nobue Ito? It’s like Gunslinger Girl – Il Treano?

Fuck yes.

6. Hyunk says:

Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger is like ‘Golgo 13 + Fansub’

7. Eroshiyda says:

Holy shit, “Higurashi no Naku Koro ni” by Shimamiya Eiko is the BEST SONG EVAR. And that anime fucking rules, although there should have been more non-incestual lesbian scenes in it.

You forgot the most important comparision :

Naruto – Fillers

And how could you call this post an anime review ?

Maybe the best comparision would be as follow:

An Entire Baka-Raptor Season – Filler Posts

Gyhahahah Whada’say ?!!?!

9. korosora says:

Hey btw Baka-Raptor, you really should read the manga… get caught up at one-manga or something.

@NegativeZero & Pode: I sense a critical difference in opinion between the two of you.

@Hyunk-2: The Engrish isn’t outstandingly butchered like the first season’s Under Star by Shocking Lemon. The new ending is disappointingly comprehensible.

@adachifag: There could’ve been a reasonably satisfying ending if they’d explained how Guts got out of the monster pit. I read that part of the manga. It shouldn’t have taken more than one or two more episodes. This guy got the ball rolling:

@DigitalBoy: Exactly.

@Hyunk-6: I saved the subtitles joke for Mouryou no Hako because a hero recently stepped forward to sub episode 18 of Golgo 13.

@Eroshiyda: Agreed. I’m thinking Takano and the teacher.

@Laguna: I didn’t call this a review. Read the homepage.

@korosora: I’ll consider it once this season is over. Don’t want to spoil anything.

11. TJ says:

You could have just used the word “flawless” in place of “perfect”.

12. korosora says:

Dumb korsora.
    I didnt specify which manga, i meant you should read claymore manga.

Reaching for the low-hanging fruit, as usual, because everybody’s too busy looking skyward to see it.
    Ashita no Joe – 39 year old animation/writing – hilariously bad subbing.

Several more comparisons:

Mahabharat – Indian people
    Death Note – Amane Misa
    DMC + 12 episodes
    The Dark Knight – that ugly chick + some hot chick
    Office Space – flair

Im sure Ill think of more at some point.

Work Hard. Er.

Baka-Raptor + Tsundere.

That’s gotta win all the fights.

16. Merk says:

Fact: A couple of years ago, I shifted my college degree from Physics/Math to Marketing specifically so I could get into the anime industry, and that specifically so I could personally ensure that the second season would be created. Now it is… it feels like my entire future has been justified.

That said, I’m kind of disappointed that Tsuneo Imahori isn’t doing the music anymore, although this music is growing on me. I just hope that they run a decent length with this adaptation — AT LEAST up until Ippo vs Sawamura, but preferably all the way.

Also, I think Masato Hagiwara would play a chilling Sawamura, complete with his usual “You’re a retard, Ippo-san” chuckle.