Self-Help is no longer the Best Help

To propagate/leech off the continuous and systemic brilliance that is the KSK Football/Sex Advice Mailbag, I am now introducing the Baka-Raptor Anime/Life Advice Mailbag. Why not an Anime/Sex mailbag? I don’t expect any of you to have sex lives (and if you do, I probably wouldn’t want to hear about it). Here are the rules:

1. All submissions must be e-mailed. Any questions submitted as a comment will be ignored and/or be censored and/or be deleted and/or preclude me from answering any of your future questions.
  2. Each submission must contain two questions: one about anime and one about your life.
  3. Avoid using real names wherever possible. Ideally, all real names will be replaced with the names of anime characters in similar situations.
  4. If I receive more questions than I’m willing to answer, I’ll make my picks based on any combination of the following factors: entertainment value, sincerity, uniqueness, proper grammar, up-sucking, my ability to the answer questions meaningfully/entertainingly, and promises to follow my advice to the letter.

Just read the KSK posts and you’ll get an idea of what I’m looking for.

More Administrative Filler

My latest administrative filler post registered 22 comments, including a trackback; meanwhile my legendary I Beat up Raki post went uncommented for months. You all desperately need my advice.

I finished making the first round of blogroll cuts. I said I’d email you before cutting you, but I got lazy and didn’t. If you were cut and don’t think you deserved it, contact me.

If you survived the first round of cut, I’ll add you to my RSS reader. If you write about anime and updated sometime in the past month, you probably made the list. At some point I’ll make a second round of cuts. Survivors will be websites that consistently put out high quality posts (or suck up to me a lot). Feelings will be hurt. If you don’t like it, get better at writing, or suck up to me more, like Mellow, except less gay, like this guy:

In other news, Scribblenauts is the best game in the universe:

Tags: ,

1. IcyStorm says:

Scribblenauts will fucking RULE.

2. Scribblenauts looks sick, too bad I don’t have a DS, nor will I ever spend money on one (what money?).

I found that post about you that I was supposed to have written about a month or two ago deep within my “draft” section. It sucked so I’m re-writing it. God knows when it will be done (but it will be done).

3. Gargron says:

As for changing ‘Blogroll’ into something else (replying to your comment on the previous post), go to ‘Links’ -> ‘Link Categories’ -> ‘Blogroll’ ‘Edit’ => … => profit.

I don’t know, but somehow your linkslist appears the same for me. First of all, it still has the wrong url of mine.

4. Blowfish says:

Scribblenauts rules for letting God use a shotgun to kill Einstein!

Hosaka Pictures are always welcome.In fact why dont you replace all pictures with manly pictures of Hosaka-senpai?

5. “Why not an Anime/Sex mailbag? I don’t expect any of you to have sex lives…”

I’m confused – shouldn’t it be “Why not an Anime/Sex mailbag? I don’t have a sex life…”?

Sorry, I’m mean, I can’t help it.

@IcyStorm: No game with dinosaurs could possibly suck.

@Glo the Legend: I don’t have one either. On the bright side, the game could only be a disappointment in light of that review.

@Gargron: I cut at least 30-40 blogs. Now it’s only about 140 long!

@Blowfish: Maybe I’d have more screenshots of Hosaka if he’d show up a little more in the series.

@Day: No, it should be: “Why not an Anime/Sex mailbag? Because I’m not an insatiable pervert like Day”

7. Eroshiyda says:

Are you sure you don’t want to hear about my sex life, Baka-Raptor? You seemed pretty interested in it up until now.

8. OBALLER says:

it is true that most anime watchers do not have sex lifes

however, there are the anime fans like myself where maybe 4 ppl total in my life actually know i watch anime (none are women)… therefore women are attracted to me

9. Man, and I was about to say ‘Aww, I didn’t actually mean that, Baka-Raptor – I’m just madly in love with you and trying to cover it up by being tsuntsun’.

Anyway, you act like being a perv is a bad thing. At least I stick to adult characters, thanks – no loli/shouta shit for me.

10. mellow_bunny says:

Efforts have been noticed. Check. Anime posts in draft form. Check. Next stop anime/life questions. I also I baked you a cake :3!

@Eroshiyda: Only the lesbian half. I have no interest in your straight side (and I mean that in the nicest way possible).

@OBALLER: Liking anime is best kept a secret. One of my co-workers recently dropped the A-bomb. I ignored him. What a loser.

@Day: A Tsundere Without Me?

@mellow_bunny: I can’t say no to a cake. Unless it’s a gay cake.

I really, really don’t like the idea of you answering questions about anime, if they have even a slight bit of seriousness >_<

@digitalboy: I really, really don’t like the idea of you going topless on webcam, yet you did it anyway >_<

14. TheBigN says:

I might be tempted to shoot some questions to the mail bag in the future. Sounds interesting.

And Scribblenauts sounds epic. 😛

15. Nooo~ tsundere burns meeeee

Also – digitalboy taking his shirt off on camera for you? Do I smell more potential BL aniblogger visual novel material?

I’m trying to decide whether to ask you advice or not, since I’m trying to decide whether I feel like being an ass-hat and asking you ass-hat questions for shits and giggles.

16. yay i made the first cut! i hope i’ll make it past round 2, i’m not sure if my posts are high enough quality but sucking up i can do!

17. Kairu says:

I wonder why is my blog still on your blogroll? You just made my day Baka-Raptor. 😀

18. mellow_bunny says:

@Baka-Raptor: It’s not gay cake but it does have a Snoopy branded pair of leather gloves as features.

Oh, I don’t know about this. But I guess “Raptor knows best”?

Oh yeah, Raptors have better brains than humans, so if they didn’t go extinct they may have been the dominant species today. Good for you. I guess this is the reason why you’re willing to answer our questions.

Screw Scribblenauts, I want Golden Sun DS.

21. Aizen says:

I hope the life situations doesn’t require me to talk about my boring life in general. Else I am likely to use the mailbag 😛

@TheBigN: I don’t know, you seem like too cheerful a person to need my advice 😛

@Day: It wasn’t pretty. The link was here, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Perhaps digitalboy fully realized the extent of the evil he unleashed upon the world and sealed it in an underground vault.

@Dancing Queen: It would be hard (but not impossible) for me to cut someone I was drawn with. Also, you get bonus points for being one of about four other bloggers who isn’t afraid to show her face online.

@Kairu: If you change your address one more time, you’re cut.

@mellow_bunny: Close enough.

@Rakuen: Correction, Baka-Raptor Knows Best. Some of the other raptors out there don’t know shit.

@Omisyth: Screw Golden Sun DS, I want Scribblenauts.

@Aizen: It’s ok, you’re free to talk about “your friend’s” problems.

23. it’s funny cause if they did make a baka-raptor figure, i’d totally be the one to own it!

24. MrMayat says:

Wow. I didn’t even know I was on your blogroll. Guess this will motivate me to post more. (comment more too) Say, two times a month instead of one. XD

25. I once tried to do an advice column called Ask Junko! where my fictional daughter and I answered questions from readers, but nobody sent Junko any questions so that project died inside, which is a shame because Junko came out of the closet as a lesbian in one of the episodes when the annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras was taking place, making her a landmark in my blogging career. I should try and draw more episodes of Junko’s webmanga, maybe you could give her advice on looking for a girlfriend.

In short, I’ve been trying to do the same thing you’re trying to do now, only with less success in doing so. I just don’t have the same fanbase as you do, even WITH the help of a fictional lesbian daughter.

26. […] sorry Naruto but you seriously need to be killed + devoured by Baka-Raptor. Naruto is seriously a guy who cannot be self-helped or helped. He is too fixated on his […]

27. Eroshiyda says:

I don’t blame you, Baka-Raptor… I don’t blame you.

28. Aizen says:

To confirm something, can I make up Anime situations?

29. Coaxen says:

I know it’s a bit random, and only loosely on the topic, but it’s got a T-Rex:

30. Kyoin says:

‘Did you just read that sentence? Did you really?’ I laughed so hard at that shit.