Hey, look at me, I’m Mr. Perfect

Oz Bezarius, Pandora Hearts

Hey, look at me, I’m Mr. Perfect. I never lose sight of what’s truly important in life and always believe in the goodness of the human heart, no matter how unfounded or irrational it may seem to the objective bystander. I’m so comfortable with who I am that my ludicrously flamboyant wardrobe doesn’t make me feel the least bit gay. No matter what happens, I always know everything will turn out all right because I face all adversity with confidence, positivity, and a big ol’ smile on my face. My mother may be dead and my father may want nothing to do with me, but that won’t stop me from leading a happy, fulfilling life.

Rahzel Anadis, Hatenkou Yuugi

Hey, look at me, I’m Ms. Perfect. I never lose sight of what’s truly important in life and always believe in the goodness of the human heart, no matter how unfounded or irrational it may seem to the objective bystander. I’m so comfortable with who I am that my ludicrously flamboyant wardrobe doesn’t make me feel the least bit gay. No matter what happens, I always know everything will turn out all right because I face all adversity with confidence, positivity, and a big ol’ smile on my face. My mother may be dead and my father may want nothing to do with me, but that won’t stop me from leading a happy, fulfilling life. Best of all, all the guys I know are madly in love with me!

Oh yeah, that reminds me, all the guys I know are madly in love me too.

Kunyan, Ippatsu Kikimusume

Kunyan, Ippatsu Kikimusume

Kunyan, Ippatsu Kikimusume

Kunyan, Ippatsu Kikimusume

Hey, Oz, Rahzel, fuck you. Life isn’t perfect. Sometimes you need to face the conquences of your actions instead of lolligagging your way out. Rahzel, you think it’s a great idea to ask random violent street thugs to travel with you? Yeah, if you want to get raped. Oz, you think standing defiantly in front of people pointing guns in your face will make them stop trying to kill you and realize the error of their ways? Try that shit in Tiannamen Square. Then try getting half-swallowed by a giant anaconda. See how far smiling gets you. Holy shit.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Epi says:

I have no idea what this post is about… but needs more ShizNat

2. dood says:

I’m guessing you don’t like Pandora Hearts…

3. OBALLER says:

Oz’s attitude is so fucking annoying… He keeps acting like hes mature even though im pretty sure hes like 12

and the giant anaconda ep of ippatsu kikimusume is hilarious… if i remember correctly there was something to do with a balloon in her ass or something to that effect… i cant really remember but im pretty sure something was in her ass

@Epi: Stop whatever you’re doing and watch Ippatsu Kikimusume right this moment.

@dood: I like Pandora Hearts quite a bit. However, Oz’s incessant positivity and bottomless well of foundationless confidence I could do without…

@OBALLER: I think you said just enough about Ippatsu Kikimusume to intrigue the other readers without leaking any major spoilers.

@mellow_bunny: Of course I’m right. I’m Mr. Perfect.

5. Kyoin says:

Whatever anime this post is about, I suddenly hate it. Thank you Mr. Perfect.

This post is made of fucking epic fail, sorry……

7. Zantetsu says:

Ah the Mary Sues and the realisation of how retarded some characters can be when you break suspension of disbelief. Then again, ridiculous characters can make a series more often than not as Maid Guy would suck brass balls if Kogarashi wasn’t err… Kogarashi.

8. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA xD

Wait, I just made fun of my favorite character (Oz) o_O

Oz isn’t exactly Mr. Perfect. He’s more of a twisted optimistic psychopath for me xD LOLz

but if you think of it that way, I guess he’s sort of like that.

and about Rahzel . . . *yawns* . . . *but if she seems more pics of her she has a flamethrower prepared*

RAGE POST. And lol I’m one of the few that gets it since I’ve seen both shows!

10. issa-sa says:

If I remember correctly, the anaconda episode wasn’t the only episode that involved something stuck up her rear..

Can we talk about ShizNat instead?

12. Aizen says:

Post needs moar raep.

13. Shiro, Long Tail's says:

Mr. Perfect? Moar like Mr. Fatalistic.

Oz strikes me more as a ‘Tragic Hero but won’t show it’ type of character. It’s sort of like a, “Life sucks but I’m not going to drag everyone else into misery with me” type deal.

Besides would Mr. Perfect make a face like this?

@Kyoin: Don’t hate Ippatsu Kikimusume. It’s incredible.

@digitalboy: If only this sugar were as sweet as you, sir.

@Zantetsu: I’m cool with Kogarashi because he can back up his sense of invincibility with 37 senses and degree from MIT. Oz can’t do shit. He’s just some kid with no clue what’s going on.

@Sapphire Pyro: “twisted optimistic psychopath” — sounds about right.

@Omisyth: Actually, there were three…

@issa-sa: I think you’re right, but just to be sure, I think I’ll watch the entire show again.

@Rakuen: Yes, after you watch Ippatsu Kikimusume.

@Aizen: This isn’t Disneyland. It’s okay to say rape.

@Shiro: He just did.

15. moridin84 says:

I fail to see why the Rachel paragraph gets the line “Best of all, all the guys I know are madly in love with me!” but the Oz paragraph doesn’t.

@moridin84: I opted to stick it under the Razhel paragraph for comedic effect. The line has more comedic value if Rahzel says it before Oz. This is the kind of detailed planning that goes into all my posts.

17. Gargron says:

You seem not to like Pandora Hearts. As for me, I find Oz a really good character. Sure, he acts totally dumb sometimes, but he’s probably the most unused stereotype in anime.

18. I like Oz. Well…most of the time. Sometimes he’s kind of gay (literally). Overall, Pandora Hearts is pretty good (in my opinion).

As for the girl, I don’t even know what show she’s from, but I’ll bet she’s a huge fucking slut, or a huge fucking tease, because all girls fall into one of the categories.

@Gargron: See @dood, supra, comment 5. Oz strikes me as the typical “believe in yourself and you can achieve anything!” character. If you don’t see it in anime, watch any Disney film ever made.

@Glo the Legend: Tease.

20. Gargron says:

@Baka-Raptor: I’ve seen enough Disney films (pity that I can’t unsee them) and I honestly do not mark Oz as that type of character. Sorry, I can’t even explain why.

21. Shiro, Long Tail's says:

I think your outlook is rather jaded from too many bad shonen cliches if you view Oz that shallowly.
    Although you could view it as a twisted parody of traditional shonen since whenever Oz tries to do something using his “mysterious main-character-only power of helping” things don’t actually work out in the end (so far).

22. natsuneko says:

This post is clearly lacking C.P.R. but I will not perform it.

@Gargron: Perhaps Disney characters show moments of weakness before becoming irrationally confident.

@Shiro: I’m sure Oz will get his ass kicked eventually. Then maybe he’ll think twice before calmly walking into enemy territory without having a plan other than belief in his friends.

@natsuneko: That’s ok. Plenty of people kiss my ass. Surely they’d be honored to perform C.P.R. on it.

24. Epi says:

BTW Baka, I did watch Ippatsu Kikimusume, from that last time you posted about it a few months ago, great recommendation!

25. phildog says:

That post you linked to tells me you’d definitely enjoy postal 2.

26. […] ilkeämielisillä ominaisuuksilla mehustetuksi tyypiksi kehumani päähenkilö Oz paljastuu… öh… Mutta onneksi jopa Oz alkaa vaikuttaa ihan kohtuulliselta protagonistilta siinä vaiheessa, kun […]