Talk-A-Raptor -3

• Gintama – 4:47
  • Robotics;Notes – 5:14
  • Extras – 5:24

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 viewers expected sarcastic credits

1. Digibro says:

Haha, you’ve beaten me to the punch on applying the +++ ranking system to objects and other non-media things. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since you created the system, and therefore should be well aware of its potential. (Maybe you used it this way already and I just never noticed.)

• Baka-Raptor says:

Hahaha, I just realized I probably got to it by thinking to myself, “This would be a great setting for a video game!” It reminded me of the Diet Building in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, one of the most unexpectedly cool video game settings I’ve come across. Too bad in this day and age of political correctness you’re never going to see a video game set in a real-life American building unless its…ugh…educational.

2. Taka says:

Most fans of Gintama will tell you it doesn’t get really good until you hit the first big really serious arc somewhere in the 50s. Yeah you have to watch a little less than a quarter of 265 episode show in order for it to get good. Some people consider that a pretty high barrier.

I for one find it to be at times one of the funniest and one of the ball clenchingingly awesomest animes I’ve ever watched.

• Digibro says:

I was into Gintama as early as like episode 8. Whichever one had Gintoki cheating to beat gorilla and then bragging about it. That was when I realized Gintoki was the most relatable anime character ever.

• Baka-Raptor says:

So it’ll take 50+ episodes and a good dose of seriousness to get into it? This is One Piece all over again. I’m up for it though. Damn near everyone I know loves this show, even bloggers, who are generally too elitist to so much as acknowledge the existence of shounen anime.

3. Reed says:

Girls und Panzer is good? I filtered it out as pedophile bait.

I think Poyopoyo got me in episode 1, when Moe finds a cat on the ground and drunkenly yells, “The fuck is this!?” Thank you GotWoot subs.

• Baka-Raptor says:

Girls und Panzer is good? I filtered it out as pedophile bait.

Says the man who didn’t drop Strike Witches after one episode.

Girls und Panzer is great when they’re fighting and average when they’re not. You won’t be missing much if you just watch episode 8 through the end, though you seem like the kind of guy who’d suck it up and watch the rest.

Popopoyo on Crunchyroll is sadly less profanity-laden.

• Jay says:

GUP as pedobait? I reluctantly started watching it due to the accuracy & detail of the vehicles (I’m a history buff from way back.). I was quite pleased the creators of the show (With the exception of the “Anglerfish dance”.)refrained from “fanservice”. It would have been so easy but, to their credit, they didn’t. I’m waiting for this one to come out on disc.

4. glothelegend says:

I need to get back on that Chiyahafuru…still workin on season one. My backlog scares the shit out of me to be honest POST IDEA.

5. anon says:

I like the way you blast though stuff. Giving your opinion as a break down of aspects of the show and not much else. Like it a lot. Saves the surprises and detail of the show…
    In all honesty i’m only going to check out the stuff you say is triple plus