Boku Dake ga Inai Machi = Time Travel + Yuki Kajiura

Time Travel
Soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura

Final Grade: +++

There are only two problems with this anime. The first is quasi-pedophilia. The second is ham-fisted depth. Here we have a perfectly good story about a dude/chick who goes around killing little girls, and the anime almost blows it by feeling the need to give the killer a DEEP reason for it. It’s total garbage. This is why I like yanderes. They can go around killing whomever they want, no questions asked.

Tags: , , , , ,

8 muderers only kill children because it's DEEP

1. Rakka de Glie says:

The quasi-paedophilia in this was very heart-warming. I wish to see something like that in another anime where it is the focus.

2. Edsger Prim says:

It’s great that you liked this series! I really enjoyed the first half of the series and the ending as well. I can’t say too much about it without spoiling anything. I been following you for quite a while so it is nice to see that you are posting reviews again.

• Baka-Raptor says:

I’ve been busy with moving, finding a new job, intercontinental travel, and writing about 5 million farewell/welcome/wedding speeches.

3. The Walker says:

Yo Raptor! Been a while. Yet again, you fail to deliver a post on my birthday. While you posted a couple of times in April, the last one was 4 days too early, this one is 5 days too late. Well played. My friend told me that this show was worth watching, and I agree. The middle sections were the most tense for me. Rooting for the kids to stay alive and never feeling like anyone was truly safe. The show then later took on this weird Batman/Joker dynamic between the protagonist and the serial killer. I also agree that it was quasi-pedo, but his dating pool is limited for a variety of reasons. I personally thought his mom was super hot, but then that’s his mom and it ain’t that kinda anime. I would personally feel gross dating any of the girls from elementary school. It would feel like he’s playing “Jailbait wait”. “Ten more years before dat ass is mine.” This had a nice Steins;Gate-ish feel, but with the end game being vastly smaller in scale.

• Baka-Raptor says:

Law of Averages. One of these years it’ll happen.

Something about the mom’s lips was off-putting, but otherwise I tap that.

4. Baito Senshi says:

The manga was (way) better, ect, ect. By the way did you finish Alternative?

• Baka-Raptor says:

I’m only halfway through Unlimited. At least I think I’m halfway through. Nothing’s happened yet.