Anime I haven’t seen and can’t meaningfully critique

Spice and Wolf: She has a tail – get over it.

5 Centimeters per Second: Slow

Hamtaro: Evil

Library Wars: Unrealistic

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Trainwreck

My Neighbor Totoro: I hate my neighbor

All Nippon Air Line (ANAL): Needs more lesbians

Chi’s Sweet Home: Yawn

Kodomo no Jikan: Great show, if you’re a pedophile. Which I’m not.

Princess 69: Predictable

Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora: Oh wait, I did see it. And it sucked.

Serial Experiments Lain: Bullshit

Hayate the Combat Butler: Maybe I’d watch if you replaced Butler with Maid, and Hayate with Kogarashi

Gantz: Best Anime Ever

Haruhi Season 2: Great concept, poor execution

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: Stupid

Space Runaway Ideon: Who cares?

Akira: Pretty good…for its time

Bible Black: Crass religious allegory

Gundman ____: Been there, done that

Afro Samurai: Racist

The Hiatus Continues…

After announcing my weeklong hiatus last Monday, my stats immediately plummeted and sharply rebounded when the week was over, just as expected:

But Baka-Raptor, how is it a hiatus if you’ve been posting?

That’s just how much my hiatuses rock. Somebody should give me an award.

Best Hiatus Baka-Raptor
Best Comment on Another Blog Baka-Raptor

At least I’m getting one new source of hits:

I’m now announcing that my award-winning weeklong hiatus will continue for another week (the assignment is due next Monday instead of this Friday).

But Baka-Raptor, how can a weeklong hiatus last for two weeks? Do you have to power to manipulate time?

Tags: ,

1. IKnight says:

I’m pretty sure there wasn’t an ANAL anim- I mean, ANAL, what’s that?

2. Owen S says:

Needs more fanart of IKnight-as-Marisa going “Hey Baka Raptor Reimu, what’s anal?”

3. Os says:

DAMN, if only this hiatus was longer and initiated a couple months ago… THEN I’D BE BEGGING YOU TO JOIN ME. But alas, I’ll just continue watching more Afro Samurai to practice my acceptance of other races (Damn them all)… I hate that show so much.

@IKnight: I wouldn’t know, not having seen it or anything…

@Owen: Whatever anime you’re referencing, I haven’t seen that either. And it sucks.

@Os: I’m sure I’d fit in with the rest of you dinosaurs.

5. ExiledShinobi says:

You’re lack of Eva is disturbing.

Have you considered the new movie at the very least?

Awww ………!! No more stupid rapping for now? XD

I love you too

7. korosora says:

>>Haruhi Season 2: Great concept, poor execution
    Wait, what? THERE WAS NO EXECUTION.

I watched Akira a couple months ago and decided it was terrible except for the baby who looked like a mini Lou Dobbs. Lol.

@ExiledShinobi: I’ve heard about it, but I want to watch the series first.

@blissmo: Stupid rapping? You must be confusing me with lolikit.

@korosora: Exactly.

9. Lelangir says:

Dude is your all-too-correct perception of Afro Samurai due to my all-too-awesome analysis of it? At least it produces search terms like “afro samurai sex scene”. And I laughed hard at the spice and wolf one.

I picked ‘Gantz’ because it reminded me of a Swan-Gantz catheter, the best, MOST EXTREME WAY to messure Pulmonary Capillary Pressure EVER!!

11. lolikitsune says:

>>edited Aria screencap

>>@blissmo: Stupid rapping? You must be confusing me with lolikit.
    Ballad of a Paralysed Citizen is not rap. Van Diemen’s Land is not rap. I don’t know if Breaking the Habit is rap or not but you can hardly wrap up the entirety of my song lyrics perversion as “stupid rapping.”

>>@Os: I’m sure I’d fit in with the rest of you dinosaurs.
    Hah.
    Hahaha.
    Hahahahahahaha.

Hahaha.

Haha.

Huuuuuuuh T______T

@Lelangir: It is now (inserted link)

@Praz & lolikitsune: …

Edit: I seem to have spelled ‘Swan-Ganz’ wrong… how infinitely foolish of me… can I rescind my vote??

@Praz: So the typical corrupt Chicagoan wants to vote twice…

15. Nagato says:

Each of those points on your WordPress.com stats is consistently hitting around the 1000-1200 range. ADMIT IT.

@Nagato: In that pic, the high is 167 and the low is 78. My all-time high is 212.

Marisa’s from Touhou, man. That’s a shootan gaem.

I almost forgot: “It also sucks. It is made by an asahi-based life-form who is also a paedophile. The cast numbers in the hundreds, all of which are female and likely under the JAPANESE age of consent.”

But I thought you won all the awards already!

20. Teeif says:

RESPECT!!! Your choices in the animu world lead to a path of enlightenment.

Except Haruhi 2 (no, don’t pretend it’s Lucky Star), you can’t miss out on that.

21. Epileptic Diarrhea says:

I must add to what was said above about Evangelion: The new movies are not a complete remake of the series. Rebuild of Evangelion is actually a sequel. So watch the series first. (for those who disbelieve me, watch the movie, the evidence is everywhere, hell even Kaoru mentions Shinji’s name in past tense).

22. Viktor Berg says:

Now go and watch all Ghost in the Shell (3 movies and 2 seasons). I even wrote you a list in my e-mal quite some time ago, and not one mention.

@Teeif: My review of Haruhi II was my review of Haruhi I. But I do look forward to next season. Really.

@Epileptic Diahhrea: So Shinji died. Thanks.

@Viktor: Your checklist was incorrect about GiTS not having Lesbians (or at least you could’ve check-starred it). I’ve got a post planned about the Tachikomas, but I want to watch the second season before I write it.

24. […] case you're wondering, yes this is my background. Inspired by Baka-Raptor's consistent complaints, as well as more recently Yin Master and Sojourner's posts, I decided to go ahead and post my […]

How on earth did I miss something like ANAL

Also, I recommend Boku no Pico.

26. Koji Oe says:

Oh you’ll get hits eventually. I just started hitting 1k hits now and it only took about a year. I’m not even cool or anything like the more hype bloggers so I’m really surprised.

Ganbare Baka Raptor.

27. Webbmaster62 says:

How can you hate Lain?!!?! It rocked hard!! You must’ve got confused and said screw it. LOL

28. Viktor Berg says:

Lain gave me a headache already on 3rd or 4th episode. Things started to get disjointed and stuff. So I deleted it from my harddrive.

@Webbmaster62 & Viktor: As the title indicates, I haven’t seen it and can’t meaningfully critique it. And it’s bullshit.

30. […] First of all, this is a blatant filler post (I’m still on hiatus). Secondly, these are simply “Five Manly” themes, not “The Five Manliest” […]

31. lolikitsune says:

>>And it’s bullshit.

Truer words were never said. Like Paranoia Agent, it was hella cool, but complete nonsense.

32. Webbmaster62 says:

Well, if you decide to watch it, let us know. ^_^ I like to hear your views on it myself. Your posts intrigue me.

33. […] has one, Danny Choo has a monstrously large one and even Nagato has one! But I’m not posting mine for […]

@LJ & Owen: I’ve now familiarized myself with Touhou: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcJI5U9CPDc

35. […] So I don’t have a “rational” basis for picking anime. Who does? Picking shows based on descriptions is an exercise in futility. One of my all-time favorite shows is about an ambiguously gay ghost who teaches a boy how to play go. Who in their right mind would pick that? You’re better off picking shows by throwing darts at a lineup. […]

36. Mad-Man says:

that ghost may be gay but his board skills are madly awsome!!!

37. […] my eyes currently out of commission, I’ve had to ignore a lot of anime I’d otherwise carefully and diligently research before […]

38. […] I once put off watching Spice and Wolf because I assumed it was targeted at zoophiles. Then I put off watching the second season because I hadn’t watched the first season. Then I watched K-ON, the worst anime ever, and learned two things: […]