Five Manly Anime OP/EDs

Warning: First of all, this is a blatant filler post (I’m still on hiatus). Secondly, these are simply “Five Manly” themes, not “The Five Manliest” or “The Five Best” themes. If you want to bitch about an omission, keep it short & sweet (i.e. a link to the video and explain your pick through my “Nothing is manlier than ______” format). In fact, I won’t approve any suggestion-related comments that are too bitchy (i.e. any comment that doesn’t stick to my exact format). Finally, I only put up five because I don’t expect anyone to watch more than five videos in a single post, and these were the first five that came to mind.

Under Star (Hajime no Ippo OP)

[vid]XAAB5A2ZBaU[/vid]

Nothing is manlier than Boxing.

Get Wild (City Hunter ED)

[vid]JS8UdyZaySI[/vid]

Nothing is manlier than Ryo’s pose at 0:12 (-0:57).

Song of Power (Eyeshield 21 ED)

[vid]w8xbXSEyr2s[/vid]

Nothing is manlier than a Song of Power (and a woman doing your laundry).

Alastia (Mnemosyne OP)

[vid]uwtpG3FjWVY[/vid]

Nothing is manlier than a sadistic immortal lesbian voiced by Mamiko Noto.

Wild Rock (Saiyuki Reload OP)

[vid]0mq7YzAV_UY[/vid]

Nothing is manlier than that 4-measure intro (used in Talk-A-Raptor 01).

UPDATE:

IKnight is the clear winner here. I was blown away after 5 seconds:

[vid]hCWVMZoRHhY[/vid]

Tags: , , , ,

1. lolikitsune says:

0/10

A complete debacle. You’re better than this.

I am a dumbass who can’t follow the rules.

2. IKnight says:

Fire Wars

Because nothing is manlier than wars which are fiery.

I HATE FILLERS!!

LOL jks, I like Saiyuki Reload but my favourite “manly” OP is actually Bleach and Naruto ones, even though I don’t watch them any more ๐Ÿ˜€

I am a dumbass who can’t follow the rules. LOL jks. ๐Ÿ˜€

@IKnight: Holy shit, that is awesome (just awesome enough to forgive that Because).

5. Amex_Yohko says:

Where’s the Kamen no Maid Guy ending song? That was the best and manliest song I ever heard in the anime world so far.

I am a dumbass who can’t follow the rules, which is really a shame, because Baka-Raptor agrees that the Maid Guy ED is the best and manliest song I ever heard in the anime world so far.

6. lolikitsune says:

Objection! I wasn’t being a flamer.

That was constructive criticism. Reinstate my comment, you Censorship-Raptor, you!

Not only am I a dumbass who can’t follow the rules, but I’m also a flamer, and I like eating goat shit.

7. Sagacious1 says:

Nothing is manlier than showering in bullet shells.

8. Lelangir says:

When I think of manly songs I think of this band, it’s called “Cannibal Corpse” and one of their songs is called “[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwfxmjE7yD4]I Cum Blood[/url].”

I hope that worked.

I am a dumbass who not only can’t follow the rules but can’t get past Baka-Raptor’s spam filter.

@Sagacious1: Excellent pick + strict adherence to the required format. Perfect.

10. Lelangir says:

I think my comment got eaten or something.

I was going to say that when I think of manly songs I think of “I Cum Blood” by this band Cannibal Corpse.

The title complements the “music” quite well.

I am a genius for finally sneaking past Baka-Raptor’s spam filter. But I’m still a dumbass who can’t follow the rules.

11. Nagato says:

Lols, I usually skip Mnemosyne’s OP >_>

Oh wow, a fellow Eyeshield 21 fan? You’re now my best friend.

Although I gave up on the anime a long time ago, I’m still closely following the manga, which has been swell, to say the least. Never heard of Song of Power, but I did like that insert song Be Survivor.

@Nagato: I know you’re manlier than that.

@Shin: You are a most reasonable man, definitely not a dumbass who can’t follow the rules. However, if you’d tried linking to Be Survivor, calling it manly, or being a bitchy flamer-troll like lolikit…

Maybe I’m just queer? (:

Well, it sure sound a whole lot “manlier” than Dang Dang or even the two OPs before it.

Anyway, try this on for size, it’s an OP theme for a Sentai parody in Bamboo Blade:

I inadvertently followed the rules for the last comment. Now I’m pretending to be a dumbass for attention.

Oh dang, and I thought I could sneak that one by you. I’m loving this place more than ever now.

16. issa-sa says:

Nothing is manlier than uh, men?

Okay, to make up for that, http://youtube.com/watch?v=T5VC-XLM7fM
    Nothing is manlier than MANLY men ๐Ÿ˜›

Seriously this time, http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sk6WnpW7yzI&
    Nothing is manlier than (wo)men ๐Ÿ˜€

I followed the rules, but I’m still a dumbass. Except with respect to that second clip, which kicks ass by the manly standards of pirates and lumberjacks.

17. Nagato says:

Haha, the comments more than make up for the length of your post, Baka-Raptor.

H-H-How dare ANYBODY ACCUSE you OF editING my comment!

LOL!

AND BAKA-RAPTOR IS THE GREATEST RAPPER EVER!

19. jiff says:

I think the second ed from Yakitate!! Japan might be the most manly one I have seen.
    Or at least the manliest thrusting.

For more on why I’m a dumbass, see Comments 1-18.

Nothing is manlier than hip-thrusting.

(I can’t believe I almost forgot this one. Good thing I remembered on my own, without anybody else’s help whatsoever.)

21. Riex says:

Nothing is manlier than drinking steak juices.

Oh shit…that’s not anime or an OP/ED! Guess I’m a MAN who refuses to follow your bitchy rules. Cross me out, do it.

Of the 5 OP/ED you have listed, I have only seen one of their respective animes. My manilness has been seriously threatened. Im going to watch every one of these shows one by one while eating basil chicken mixed with beef jerky and simultaneously doing upside down one handed pushups.

@Nagato: It’s almost as if I planned this all out.

@notdotq of the rebellion ยป Trolling across Space-time markets; also, lolikit pikchur: I accept your apology.

@Praz: Or you could watch Maid Guy…

Nothing is manlier than cranial implosions accompanied by ’80’s hair.

@LJ: If IKnight hadn’t posted Fire Wars, you’d be the winner. Why was old school anime so much manlier than the girly crap we get today?

That horrifying yet sepulchral truth of the periphery demographic was still safely buried under miles of ocean, lying dead and dreaming, awaiting the time when the stars were right; for some foolish marketing explorer to carelessly stumble into its endless vaults in search of riches.
    The producers, having been mercifully ignorant of this stygian, carious artefact, were content to market to normal groups, like humans would. For a time, things were pure; they brought us lasting beauty.
    Rock was popular, jPop a distant nightmare, nobody realized that people actually fapped to magical girl anime, and most importantly the meaning of manhood was still a question on everybody’s mind.
    When did we forget?

Shit. There goes that verbosity again. And it took me this long to realize it, too.
    “THE LOVECRAFTIAN HORROR THAT IS THE MAHOU SHOUJO.” There.

28. Kabitzin says:

Nothing is manlier than running up walls.

29. otou-san says:

SDF Macross because nothing is manlier than the man-beast Makoto Fujiwara who sings it, apparently it’s too manly even to stay on youtube. enjoy some other somewhat manly version, at least the planes and robots are still manly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3jTwSF4_Dk

I am a dumbass who can’t follow the rules, and my dumbassery will surely be remembered for generations to come as the legendary dumbass who screwed up despite 30 previous warnings.

Otou-san. What you just said, is, more or less, “nothing is manlier than a montage of a skinny teenage loser who somehow stumbled into a transforming mecha burning up all the animation budget.”
    You ALSO dissed Ichiro Mizuki.
    Ignoring that legendary missight, have you nothing to say for yourself?

@Kabitzin: Yes…

@LJ: No need to thank me for curing your verbosity problem.

32. IKnight says:

Nothing is manlier than little girls who become a badass powersuit.

FUCK YES on the Mnemosyne OP. Fucking Galneryus! Also that Mazinkaiser one is unfuckingbelievable. brilliant.

34. I’m supposed to be researching masculinity for a school project. Thankfully, Baka-Raptor has done the hardest work for me: Figuring out how Anime can express my thesis better.

35. Crono857 says:

Nothing is manlier than dancing robots

36. Saturndr says:

IKnight!! wow…I haven’t seen that in such a long time…I definitely thought that was the manliest op when I was younger…

37. Smankh says:

Nothing is manlier than JAM Project with fucking failing CG.

38. Lelangir says:

What about this one?

Two months later, I’m still a dumbass who can’t follow the rules.

39. […] Project rocked. They were just as manly as I’d envisioned, even though they didn’t sing Fire […]

40. […] I write an intentionally crappy post to bait the trolls. Then I censor their […]

41. Orube says:

Actually, Saiyuki one looks a bit on gay side( unless you count manly = 4 men or more!).
    But then again, from manga to anime, it was expected. Looks like a yaoi op, except there are no flowers.

A shame, the manga was nice enough…. (and still, the covers had flowers on them).

42. jcpenguin says:

Nothing is manlier than declaring you’re a man.
    But, it certainly would be manlier if it were actually an OP/ED.

43. […] has been outdone by Baka-Raptor who had employed a trollific convention, the Hisatsu: Maul Comment [->]. lolikit’s post is aptly titled, “trolling across space-time markets; also, lolikit […]

44. […] Actually, the longest break I’ve ever taken lasted only two weeks, and that was three years ago when I had to leave the country. I’ve only declared hiatus once since then. It lasted one month and witnessed seven posts, including original artwork and video blogging. Only one of those was truly a bullshit filler post. […]

45. Anon says:

Believe- Baki The Grappler OP

46. […] never censor comments under any circumstances are liars. At least I had the decency to warn you from Day 1. However, it’s occurred to me that none of my readers would have any idea what […]

47. cronus7 says:

city hunter. (period) because we all know that there is no manlier (or noble) a task as trying to get some well-deserved mokkori