Talk-A-Raptor 7: The Origin of Species

Images from the video: [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Federal Open Market Committee

Good luck!

2. May this not intrude upon your listenings of Kajiura’s future works. I’d be disappointed if you abandoned your waifu in this way :3

• Baka-Raptor says:

I consider it a spoiler to listen to music from an anime I may someday watch. Let’s hope Yuki-nee works on something I’d never watch, like El Cazador de la Bruja II.

3. animekritik says:

Now I realize why you seem a bit brooding at times: you’ve taken way too many awful courses. It’s amazing you’re not suicidal.

BTW, I always thought Baka-Raptor’s name came from the fact that the T-Rex was so stupid he thought he was a Raptor.

• Baka-Raptor says:

Who said I’m not suicidal? I did jump off a bridge that one time.

The comic from the video explains all there is to know about the Baka- part, but the Raptor part has just a little more to it. The missing link is buried somewhere in this site…

4. digital boy says:

Interesting idea. I consider the worst period in my blog’s history to be the three months in 2008 when I didn’t watch any anime but ran my blog as normal. Hopefully you’ll fare a lot better than I did, and I do think your format allows for it (plus your ridiculous post backlog). FIVE MORE YEARS!!!

Also this beats the shit out of the 4th anniversary post I was planning… maybe I should start over…

5. Dez691 says:

Not going to be a problem for your blog considering the humongous amount of unpublished posts you have, but I hope your eyes get better

6. Valence says:

Sorry, Baka-Raptor, I couldn’t finish the video because I kept getting asked by people around me whether I’m watching RWJ, whatever the fuck that is.

1 year without anime, eh. Interesting enough, considering what Dez691 said . . . .

• Baka-Raptor says:

Awwwwwww fuuuuuuuuuuuck, a little digging shows that RWJ is Ray William Johnson, the guy Maddox objectively critiques in this video:

I’ll show up in the next video with a different haircut.

7. j.valdez says:

A year is a really long time.

8. great video !! what other hobbies you will do besides video games ?

9. Scamp says:

Welp, at least your eyes should finally be allowed to heal.

What about manga?

• Baka-Raptor says:

Manga is perfectly fine, which would certainly make my anime ban less harsh if I ever read manga that wasn’t the basis of a finished/fillerized shounen anime.

10. idiffer says:

why would you not want to watch anime for a year? more importantly, are you sure you’ll hold out?
    ps. i used to like dinosaurs too.

• Baka-Raptor says:

Used to? Where did you lose your way? Jurassic Park III? (I didn’t see it.)

I’ve been putting off other things for anime for 10 years. I can take a year to catch up.

• idiffer says:

take up a sport)
        i liked dinosaurs when i was 12. then i found out they are very boring, espeacially cause they don’t exist anymore. i went on to cuter real things like racoons. btw, jurassic park 3 was okay from what i remember.

11. mike hunt says:

hey sir dinosaur

you can technically still watch Wakfu, since it’s drawn in France
    (embed fail)

equivocation! fuck yeah

12. Yi says:

Why so tsundere about anime?

13. There’s actually an album out there called Origin of the Feces.

14. chii says:

man good luck with this!

I personally don’t think I could ever do such a thing unless I had something else to waste my time on all day everyday XD

15. maha says:

Hrm, Spring 2011 season starts a bit after 2 weeks. Might want to consider extending Rule #8 to a month.

16. Tapir du jour says:

5 years on baka-raptor.com > 5 years on HMS Beagle

17. glothelegend says:

Wow. I think your computer might actually be louder than mine.

On a side note, I watched Jurassic Park today, and it still kicks ass.

18. Within two weeks then, you’ll be watching anime again…

C’mon, you can’t stop watching anime, otherwise the balance in the universe would be compromised.

Is this some evil plot to extinct humans and put dinosaurs back to rule mother earth?

19. I think I am a fan of The Ghost of Pizza-Raptor. of course, as a lover of dinosaurs, this made me smile way too much.

But…no anime for an entire year? I…would not be capable of that. You are stronger than I.

20. Hana says:

Well well well, look who finally decided to make another vid.

21. Thiago Pagogna says:

Now i suggest a more tactical chalenge for you Baka-Raptor, Take a full year vacations without even thinking about jerking-off… i doubt you could even pass the single weekend. My personal record is two months as you know it from here: http://glothelegend.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/follow-my-quest-to-not-jerk-off/#comment-4785

• Baka-Raptor says:

That would be impossible. If I can’t think about jerking off, there’s no way I’d be able to read Claymore. I can give up anime, but not the Claymore manga, not in a million years.

22. gan says:

Probably you’ll change your decision within 2 weeks after seeing Madoka Magica 😛 (I havent seen it yet,telling from all the hype it has got!)

23. moridin84 says:

Your artist ability is quite amazing, I assume the reason you never followed up on that to become an profession artist is because you don’t want to work in burger king?

• Baka-Raptor says:

In high school I had to choose between art and music. I chose music. But even if I chose that as a profession, I’d still be flippin’ dem burgers at Wendy’s.

Official Rule Clarification: Openings and Endings are allowable under the AMV exception.

Most depressing episode of Talk-A-Raptor? Probably.
    I hope you have some astounding plan to avoid living the (barely, marginally) most boring year of your life.

Like a fiendish MLM plan. Or a desire to actually come into the next console generation. Or an ill-concieved plan to abandon all pretenses at lucrative employment and lose like thirty pounds and take on Manny Pacquiao for his most recent Super welterweight world champion title.

• Baka-Raptor says:

Plan? That would just make things more depressing.

It’s about time to upgrade consoles, if I want to keep up with my lifelong pace of perpetually being 5 years behind on gaming.

Boxing is out of the question. Raptors/T-Rexes/Deinonychus have terrible reach.

26. mustard says:

Anniversary! Bring out the cake and other anniversary-like things!

I’ll bet you two old burritos and some pocket lint that you won’t make it through the year.

Would The Boondocks count as anime?

27. kluxorious says:

Your tags amused me. It distract me from whatever you were saying

28. A Concerned Child says:

What the bloody hell, you’re not a dinosaur! You’re a yucky human! D:

29. Epi says:

This is all a cleverly disguised post to cover up the fact that you’re pulling in too many hours at the firm isn’t it? ISN’T IT? 3000 billable hours it is!

30. otou-san says:

Everything like this sounds hard until you try it. Then it turns out, meh. You didn’t need it after all.

Besides: Naruto will still be going, and it will still suck, there will only be one new Evangelion movie, and pretty much nothing else will change drastically in that year.